May 20, 2007

Obstructed view


I could have stood up and taken the picture so that you could truly see the "view" (which is of a couple of houses on the other side of one of the three roads leading to the famed seven-mile stretch of "white, sandy beach"), but I thought it might be more fun for you to see what I actually see every day - my children's art.

The stuff on the windows is "paint." It's called "window cling" paint, and we trace a picture with one color onto a plastic baggie, let it dry, and then go back and fill in the outline with another color(s). When the paint is completely dry it peels right off the baggie, and we can stick it to the windows. All of the pictures on this window were hand-drawn by my nine year old and "painted" by her and her sisters. We usually change the scene with the season.

I think it's a lovely view. What do you think?

4 comments:

Bezzie said...

That's pretty cool! Wish that had that when I was a kid!

Carol said...

Neat art project! And I bet it looks especially nice agains te winter snow...

crankymommy said...

That's awesome! I'll have to remember that for when my little one gets big...

Anonymous said...

I am going to have to try that with my little people, my son would love that!