Jun 2, 2007

Howz It Growing

I don't have room for a garden (rental), but I do have a landing on my back steps that gets plenty o'sunlight.

So I planted a pot garden. I've got tomatoes, sunflowers, nastursiums, a mother's day marigold, onions, oregano and now my favorite one--a potato.

I "rooted" a Yukon Gold potato from a funky tater we had leftover from a bag we bought at the grocery store.

This was my potato the Friday of Memorial Day weekend:

100_3433

Here it is yesterday (a week later):

100_3669

I just got done watering my pot garden and I swear that potato has gotten bigger from that picture yesterday!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Looks awesome! Make sure to bury any piece of potato that tries to sneak it's head above the soil :).

Carol said...

Cool. Maybe you should post progress pics of your potatoe...

Zonda said...

Keep us updated!! I can't wait to see them!

Stacie said...

pot garden?!